Sales Website Management Policy
Products / Goods and Services of Creators of Cosmos S.M.P.C.
Thank you for your interest in using the services website http://creatorsofcosmos.com/ of “Creators of Cosmos” Single Member Private Company (from here on called the COMPANY). Our COMPANY’s main object is the fulfillment of its goals and purpose as presented below:
- The design, organization, production, establishment and execution (operation) of production of Live Action Role-playing Games, and their evaluation, through the creation and management of complete original scripts-products, in the framework of its corporate activities.
- The exclusive management and exploitation of royalties and commercial rights, that occurs from the production of its scripts, as symbolic products of the creative industry, according to the law.
- The provision of services tied with non-formal education, support and development of humans’ psychology, development of professional skills of a person and/or a team, entertainment, tourism and culture in a national and international level, through the materialization of scripts-products in a physical-electronic-digital, phygital and holographic environments.
- The establishment and operation of a network of crafters specialized in manufacturing original consumables such as costumes, jewelry, useful consumable – props, sets etc., that are relevant with the content of the scripts-products and/or consumable copies that have received certification of exact copy according to the specifications that are defined by the rightful owner of the royalties.
- The establishment and operation of a network of professionals in relation to the productions of spectacles such as scriptwriters, directors, actors, art historians, art critics, technical support professionals e.g. light designers, electronics and electricians, cameramen, photographers etc., and professionals of the creative industry, such as architects, fashion designers, musicians, composers, cinematographers, painters etc.
- The development of regional, national and international networks of stakeholders active in the market of Live Action Role-playing Games e.g. public and private bodies in cultural administration, public and private bodies in the production of cultural spectacle, public and private bodies providing tourism services, public and private bodies providing entertainment services, public and private bodies providing typical and non-formal education services, public and private bodies supporting psychological health, educational institutions, cooperative ecosystems (clusters), administration of bequest etc.
- The establishment, development and maintenance of an international network of players, in physical, electronic, digital, phygital and holographic environments.
- The creation and exploitation of technological know-how regarding cultural administration, and in relation to the framework of its activities.
- The elaboration of studies and research that concerns its fields of activity and are directly tied with the above-mentioned categories of products.
- The design, materialization or/and participation in co-financed programs from national or international bodies, whenever they are deemed pursuant with the context and activities of the company.
- The establishment of a non for profit organization aiming to connect the national and international stakeholders in the Live Action Role-playing Games industry, aiming to create the first global network of professionals in the field and to operate the first museum dedicated to Role-playing Games and their history.
- The production and exploitation of learning material for non-typical education, regarding the development of professional skills of a person and/or team through the design and production of educational scripts-products.
- The publication of various media through electronic means, e.g. books, comics, movies, documentaries, through physical and digital stores as well as any corresponding medium of production, namely the transfer of symbolic products in digital environment, e.g. eBooks, short videos etc.
- The production and trading of consumables related with the COMPANY’S products-scripts, through physical or digital stores and every other legitimate or competent medium in its disposal, e.g. bazaar, charity events etc.
- The purpose of the company is of profitable character through the development of its industrial activity, while the networks that will be formed under its operation may have both profitable as well as non-profitable character, as defined by the individual articles of association of those networks.
For using this COMPANY’S WEBSITE, it is required from your end the compulsory disclosure of your personal data, which are used for the satisfaction of the above goals, the sale of goods and services of the company, as also for safety reasons under the General Data Protection Regulation. The data that are required to be submitted are:
- Given Name
- Family Name / Surname
- Home Address (Post Code and only for products delivery)
- Direct Contact Details (phone number)
- E-mail address
The data that you are providing the COMPANY with, in any circumstances are not revealed to third parties and are not used for other purposes rather than contacting commercial communication for goods and services to existing clients, except in occasions where it has been previously agreed on or in accordance to requests submitted by Authorities.
Consumer’s rights and vested interests are under the protection of Greek Law, No 2251/1994 of Consumer’s Protection as it has been amended and in effect. You can see the Law here.
Protection of Personal Data Policy
This Data Safety and Protection Policy aims to inform you for the terms of collection, processing and transferring of your personal data by the COMPANY and every third party that is directly encaged with due to transport services, distribution and reservation of economical exchanges for products and services of the COMPANY.
A) Data Collecting
The COMPANY and its personnel carries out the ten Basic Processing Principals of the European Federation Directive 2016/679 as they are mentioned in the General Data Protection Regulation that enter into full effect on 25th of May 2018 (Lawfulness, fairness and transparency, Purpose limitation, Data minimization, Accuracy, Storage limitation, Integrity and confidentiality -security,Accountability) aiming to protect your 8 Rights when using your Personal Data (the right to be informed, the right of access, the right to rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing, the right to data portability, the right to object, the rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling as specialized by Greek Legislation). All the above are in effect without any discrimination and apply to all processes and all services that are provided.
Personal Data are conjointly and on a case-by-case basis the below:
- Identity Data, such as given and family name, patronymic, ID Card number / Passport Number, birth date and place and nationality
- Contact Data: email address, phone number, post address for issuing or mailing invoices or receipts for service delivery, details for delivering orders
- Health Data
- Data regarding electronic or phone conversations, that are recorded in relation to circumstances in accordance with the legislative context
- User and access Data for the website: Client’s Name/code, password
Moreover, there are data collected in dependence to the offered or provided product or service and are expected as follows:
When clients post comments in the WEBSITE, we collect data that appear in the comment section form, the client’s IP address and the use string of the browser so we can help the detection of adverse comments.
Using the WEBSITE and any additional operation of the webpage contains potential of using cookies that refer to:
- Clients identity,
- E-mail and IP address
Those cookies remain active for a year from the date of entry for the first time in the WEBSITE. Draft cookies created for the clients, which secure the best function during site’s content navigation, do not include personal data and are deleted after clients stop using the site, even on their computer. Creating an account is related to cookies function that concern possibly saving information and screen modification preview choices. Sign in cookies remain active for 2 days and screen preferences cookies remain active for a year. If the clients choose the “Remember me” Indication, connections remain active for two weeks. Disconnecting clients’ account, automatically cancels connections cookies.
Publishing and modifying comments, articles or other types of posts inside the WEBSITE, enables an additional cookie that lasts for 24 hours, which is saved at client’s browser, does not include personal data and only concerns the clients’ post ID. Moreover session cookies are in use, which are saved in clients’ computer memory, do not receive any file or document from clients’ computer and are used only for facilitating clients access to certain services and for statistical purposes, in order to define areas the COMPANY’S services are useful or popular or/and promotional reasons. Clients have the option to proceed to configurations so that they may disengage session cookies.
Embedded content from third parties websites (e.g. videos, pictures, articles, etc.) have active (including WEB site management) options included in third-party content providers (third party websites in relation to the WEBSITE, collecting data, use additional cookies, further integrate third-party tracking of customer interactions with related content).
B) Means of Collection
The COMPANY requires the minimum necessary by the law personal data for sale of goods, products, competitions, promotional actions and services provided to consumers.
The COMPANY collects clients’ personal data in the following cases:
- While filling out application or requests forms in any of our Game Titles that are shared through our WEBSITE, that aims to check age restrictions and if by law is possible the valid junction of the two parties or parental consent is required.
- By filling out form for purchasing goods and products as they are shared through the WEBSITE, that aims to check age restrictions and if by law is possible the valid junction of the two parties or parental consent is required.
- By voluntarily subscribing to COMPANY’S contact list for receiving newsletters, product catalogs – goods or services, e-mail updates to mobile devices or other marketing material
- By voluntarily renewing customer preferences and / or participating in competitions, questionnaires and surveys of the COMPANY.
- During physical, digital, electronic and / or analogue communication of customers with parts of the COMPANY responsible for their needs, by recording the content of this communication (sign-in sheet, telephone calls, mobile messaging, digital mail exchange and any other mean that will serve this kind of communication).
- By conducting market research for goods / products and / or services purchased by the company.
- When submitting documents, orders, reports, seizures, warrants, etc. of third parties to the COMPANY, such as supervisors, prosecutors, courts, tax authorities, banking institutions, card issuing institutions, payment institutions and credit card audit companies to provide information on the credit quality to protect customers against fraud or black money laundering or combating economic and electronic crime.
- Through session cookies to identify the WEBSITE’s visitors.
C) Purposes of Collection
The COMPANY will use your information for the following, according to the law, processing purposes:
- Identification of customers and establishment of communication for any transaction, pre-contractual or contractual relationship with them.
- Promote new COMPANY products and services to existing and potential customers, if any, where appropriate, to express this consent.
- To complete requests, purchases and orders.
- To respond to requests, inquiries, provide information and / or confirm bookings, purchases of products – goods and services
- For gaining insight with the help of its customers in order to improve the quality of goods – products and / or services, and also for training its personnel to new customer requirements.
- For the disposal of research results, surveys, competitions involving users who participated in them.
- To analyze the traffic flows of the WEBSITE (digital traces) and to improve the customer experience when accessing its content.
- To analyze statistical data for the prevention of fraud.
- For use, through management information systems, invoicing, accounting, billing and control systems, by the competent departments of the COMPANY.
D) Receivers – Principles of Processes – Data exposure to third parties
The use of this WEBSITE requires you to provide the COMPANY with personal information. The COMPANY does not transfer personal data acquired and are on its ownership, either between colleagues – companies or third parties except to the extent that it is required to complete the purchase / order and to meet requirements relating to the services provision (e.g. theater companies, travel agencies, airlines or shipping companies), or to help customers improve their experience in the context of the services provided. Data on research content are excluded from above, and are exploited under the directives of third parties and after having achieved customer assent.
The processing of the data maintained by the COMPANY can take place inside and outside the member countries of the European Economic Area on the basis of EU competence decisions, company binding rules, standard contracts and approved codes of conduct. In any case, appropriate technical and organizational measures are always taken to ensure that personal information is transferred, stored and processed in accordance with the terms of this Policy Statement and the applicable data protection laws.
Providing personal data of WEBSITE customers to official, national or foreign governmental and supervisory bodies (e.g. police, Bank of Greece, international tax authorities, etc.) is made upon a written request of the competent body for compliance with the applicable law and prevention of unlawful actions against the COMPANY and / or its clients (e.g. fraud, money laundering, etc.).
E) Data Preservation Duration
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, your personal data is retained by the COMPANY only for as long as required by the contractual terms of each service, in conjunction with the applicable financial, banking, tax, telecommunication and other legislation, based on the purpose of processing, and they are later on destroyed.
The deletion of files is done after the end of their usefulness, as decided in the context of the project and the permanent procedures.
- Legal documents are kept indefinitely.
- Questionnaires for research purposes are kept until the end of each research.
- Personal data through physical files in the form of games, seminars, etc. are kept until the project is completed.
- Comments posted on the WEBSITE and their metadata are kept indefinitely.
- Customer data subscribed to the WEBSITE are stored as well as personal data entered into customer’s subscription forms.
F) Customer’s Rights
All customers can edit or delete their personal data at any time. More specifically, customers may:
- Request and receive data logs, naming all the personal data, the users have subjected to the COMPANY in terms of storage and processes taking place in the COMPANY (right of access).
- Request to correct their data, so they are complete and accurate, by providing any necessary documentation indicating the need for completion or correction (right of rectification).
- Require limitation of the processing of their data (restriction).
- Refuse and/or oppose any processing of their personal data being held by the COMPANY (the right of objection).
- Claim their data to be deleted from the COMPANY’s records (right to forgiveness). This right does not concern data the COMPANY is obliged to maintain for administrative, legal or security reasons.
- Request from the COMPANY to transfer the data to any third party controller (right to data portability). Exercising the right to portability does not entail the deletion of the data from COMPANY’s records.
In any case, customers may change their preferences at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the end of each email they receive from the COMPANY.
The COMPANY reserves the right to refuse any request to restrict the processing or deletion of customer data if the processing or maintenance of the data is necessary for the foundation, exercise or support of its legal interest, legal rights or compliance with its legal obligations.
Ζ) Protecting and Practicing your Rights
For the exercise of these rights, the client may address the COMPANY:
- By physically appearing in one of our offices and completing a rights form
- Via internet on the COMPANY website http://creatorsofcosmos.com/, filling in the contact form
- via e-mail at [email protected]
- by submitting a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (dpa.gr), which is the competent supervisory authority for the protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons with regard to the processing concerned, if they consider their rights have been infringed in any way.
The COMPANY makes efforts to respond as soon as possible to customers’ requests and in any case within two months from the date of submission of their request, accordingly to the COMPANY’s discretion, taking into account the complexity of the request and the number of requests. The above service is free of charge.
The COMPANY applies an information security management system to ensure confidentiality, security of customer data processing and protection against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and any other form of unfair processing.
Security and Transaction Management
Α) Reservation Service – Complete Transaction
For the majority of the services / goods provided via the WEBSITE, it is possible to reserve; that is to say, advance booking of available services / good. The request order binds the customer, who in any case has to pay the corresponding price unless otherwise stated, in accordance with the cancellation protocol applied to that specific service or product.
Β) Pricelist – Payment Method
The prices listed on the WEBSITE in correspondence with each offered good or service reflect the total amount of cost for the particular service/good, including relevant taxes and fees, valid at the time the transaction was completed, unless is specified otherwise on the WEBSITE.
The prices, as listed on the WEBSITE, may be modified by the COMPANY even after the completion of the booking process, provided that the COMPANY makes a relevant amendment and disclosure. In any case, it should be noted that any price changes after confirmation of booking will take place in exceptional cases and are reflecting possible increase or decrease in taxes and / or duties.
The price of each item is paid according to the way it is communicated on the WEBSITE. Payments are made by cash with deposition to the bank account provided by the COMPANY, via PayPal™ or physically via cash and credit card use (company gives the option of paying with e-pos through PayPal™ service, as at the moment does not have physical POS machine – more information you will find at Legal Note).
Customer data is automatically forwarded to the payment service provider, associated with the COMPANY, which executes the credit card billing transaction for the supply of all services/goods provided.
Each customer must use a credit card of which he/she/it is legal owner and authorized user. Where a third-party credit card is used, it is required to submit a written authorization or consent letter from the rightful owner.
The COMPANY is entitled, for security reasons:
- to reject customer orders and purchase of services/goods,
- not to complete and/or cancel any transaction.
- to request at any time, in the context of providing and debiting the services/goods, the physical presence of the customer for the verification of any information deemed necessary
- to request at any time, in the context of providing and debiting the services/goods, the physical copies of the customer’s personal verification papers of any information deemed necessary (e.g. a copy of a Identification Card or Passport and / card, proof of residence, etc.), for the purposes of identifying clients as legitimate holders of the credit cards used and for any other reason deemed by the COMPANY to be necessary in the context of the providing of its services.
In the event that customers opt for the initiation of a transaction for purchasing services/goods available from the COMPANY and / or simply the completion of a payment transaction through a payment service provider Greek Law 3862/2010 (including banks, electronic money institutions and physical points of sale / branches acting as representatives of electronic money institutions, in accordance with the provisions of the abovementioned law), such providers may charge customers for transaction costs in accordance with their commercial policy, irrespective of the means or methods of payment chosen by the customers (i.e. cash or credit card or through banks participating in DIAS DEBIT service by supporting payments through cash desk, internet banking, phone banking and ATM).
Customers may use a PayPal™ account to pay for their order / purchase. The PayPal™ payment process is fully automated and usually ends in a few minutes. During this process, any personal information (including credit card number) is not stored on the WEBSITE.
If customers wish to pay the amount of purchased services/goods by bank deposit, they must provide the COMPANY with a copy of the bank payment receipt via email to [email protected]. Upon receiving the copy, the COMPANY will fulfill the purchase process. The order number and the customer name must be clearly stated on the deposit receipt.
C) Cancellation Procedure – Refund
The COMPANY is solely responsible for defining the possibility and the procedures for canceling or changing a reservation of goods/services, in accordance with the conditions that have been formulated and made public.
Customers who wish to cancel or modify reservations or purchases should send a request to [email protected]. If there is a possibility of cancellation or change under the terms posted, customers are notified of the applicable amount that will be refunded and the amount that may be deducted as a cancellation fee.
In the event of an automatically generated rejection of reservations for security reasons, the total amount deposited, is immediately refunded to the customer. Moreover, this refund is made under the Regulatory Framework that applies to the International Card Schemes Rules (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diners, etc. are considered as card schemes).
D) Trading Confidentiality
All information provided by customers to PayPal™ are confidential and used only insofar as it is deemed necessary to purchase the goods/services that customers choose from the WEBSITE.
Only authorized employees have access to the transaction information / data and only when it is necessary.
- The COMPANY does not disclose customer and transaction data except to the extent that it is required to provide the service / good chosen by customers
- For their own safety, customers should not reveal any information they disclose as confidential to unauthorized third parties.
Credit Card Transactions are made with PayPal™. The COMPANY does not maintain or process credit card details and the debit process through all kinds of credit cards is implemented solely by PayPal™.
Transactions via PayPal™ are secured through transaction encryption of the same service. For more information about PayPal™ services and their security visit www.paypal.com.
Legal Note regarding accepting Debit / Credit Cards
According to Greek Law 4446/2016 (as stated under article 65): companies, freelancers and traders that have Code Number of Activity (NACE Revision 2), and as predicted in the Joint Ministerial Decision 45231/20-4-2017, are obliged to accept payment with credit card means of payment. Under the article 62 of the same law, it is stated that “credit cards means of payment may include or refer to whichever mean of payment, by mobile devices, by computer or other technological device that uses certain application which allows the payers to use debit / credit / prepaid card without a giro transfer or direct transfer as it is defined in article 2 of EU Regulation number 260/2012.”
In accordance, accepting payments with credit cards means of payment from the beholden do not entail exclusively the obligation of acquirement and installment of traditional POS device. On the contrary, due to this particular legislative obligation, beholden (companies or freelancers) are allowed to choose the application / technological solution (even immaterial / electronically) which serves them as long as it ensures that consumers may optionally pay with credit card means of payment.
Taking in consideration the above, COMPANY accepts payment with credit card means – on physical appearance – through its website, using PayPal™ as billing service, which is used widely for any online commercial transaction.